CougsFirst! Holiday Gift & Party Guide
Start making your lists and checking them twice…the holiday season is finally upon us! Make it easy for yourself and turn to a Cougar-owned or –managed business to provide your food, parties, wine, gifts, and more!
Holiday Host with the Most
1. No holiday party is complete without a selection of Cougar spirits, wine, beer or delicious craft cider! To see full list of beverages, click here.
2. A wedge of Laurel’s Crown Cheese or Beecher’s handmade cheese will take Grandma’s famous mac to a whole new level.
3. If you’re showing off your culinary skills, make sure to infuse your favorite recipes with a little Cougar flair. Garbanzo beans from Hinrich’s Trading Company make the best hummus for appetizer hour.
4. In charge of throwing the company’s end-of-the-year bash? Select one of the many Cougar managed hotels or restaurants in your area.
5. Or let Classic Catering and Herban Feast Catering & Events take care of the details from start to finish. Their unique menus boast the freshest and tastiest ingredients of the season, served up in style to enjoy at home or at one of their many beautiful Seattle-area venues.
6. Details aren’t your thing? Don’t worry Avid Events Inc. specializes in coordinating high-impact parties, galas, conferences, and festivals that are sure to go off without a hitch. Design professional and engaging invites for your special occasions, think Hen & Co. for corporate and private custom cards invitations.
7. Make your event even more extraordinary by adding some quality entertainment! Adam’s DJ Service can customize unique soundtracks for your Seattle-area event. For even more flair, NW Event Lighting will help you transform your space from drab to dazzling with custom lighting effects and audiovisual services. Whether you’re going for something minimal or extravagant, these two businesses have you covered.
Spirit of Giving
1. Everybody knows that Cougar gear makes the best gift, and WSU Connections, Hen & Co. and College Hill Coug Store have you covered. Go for a set of crimson tailgating supplies to prepare for Apple Cup or check out Posh Sportswear’s signature tribute sweaters or Strideline's WSU socks.
2. For your warm weather friends, Campus Pride Sportswear boasts the only line of Cougar pride swimwear- and a portion of the profit goes back to WSU!
3. Heritage Distilling Co. has a gift for the creative cocktail lover in your life. Choose from any of their award-winning bottles, or mix things up with an advent calendar full of spirited surprises for every day of the month! Perfect stocking stuffer and a tailgaters dream, Mini Opener, it's small, light-weight and engineered by a Coug.
4. If the brewing scene is more their speed, you can pick up a gift certificate to one of Harmon Brewing Co.’s family-friendly restaurants or their unique taproom or try out Flatstick Pub offering handles from only Washington Local brews and inside mini golf.
5. Have a golf lover in your family? Give a round of golf at Palouse Ridge Golf Club in Pullman where they can hit the links and eat at Banyans on the Ridge, a steak house overlooking the 18th green with panoramic views of the Palouse.
6. Know a book lover? NFL and Coug Veteran, Chris Hayes, author of "Suits On Game On", provides motivational strategies that you can reference daily. Laugh and cry as you share in the lives of those who have experienced the beauty of life and shown championship mentality on and off the field.
7. It can be difficult to find the perfect gift for each of your beloved coworkers. Give a gift the whole office can enjoy with a snack delivery from Apple-A-Day. Their fresh fruit and other healthy options will keep your colleagues happy and powered through the holidays and beyond.
8. Send season’s greetings through membership this season, with the Cougar Athletic Fund “Give the Gift” membership program or gift a WSU Alumni Association membership. Both are the perfect present for the Coug in your life.
9. Choose your access wisely and gift a membership to Cougfan.com, “the independent voice of WSU sports.” With levels varying between a 1-month pass for $9.95 per month with online access only to an annual pass that also includes their recruiting yearbook for only $7.50 per month, this gift is sure to score big with any college sports fan.
However you choose to spend your holidays, make sure to think CougsFirst! for all of your celebration needs. For more Cougar-owned and –managed businesses, shop now!
#holiday #gifts #golf #shopping #apparel #beverages #hotels #events #hosting #dinner #thanksgiving